Welcome to Bukoola Vet, Your leading Pharmacy
Plot 14/18 Nakivubo Place, Container Village
Emergency Helpline: 039 3208511
Oxytetravet 50 %
Each 1 g contains:-
Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride 500 mg
Used in case Gastro-intestinal infections (E. coli); enteritis (Salmonella enteritidis, Clostridium perfringens); disturbances of the microbial gutflora (Streptococcus faecalis, Lactobacillus); atrophic rhinitis (Pasteurella multocida, Bordetella bronchiseptica); enzootic pneumonia (Mycoplasma hyopneumonia) and secondary bacterial infections (Pasteurella multocida, Bordetella bronchiseptica, Actinobacillus pleuropneumonia and Haemophilus parasuis .
Dosage and administration
- Poultry: 100 gm per 250 Liters of drinking water for 3 – 7 days (30 mg active ingredient /kg bodyweight).
- Calves: 100 gm per 25 calves of 50 kg bodyweight daily for 3 – 7 days (40 mg active ingredient /kg bodyweight).
- Contraindicated to be administered to animals with known hypersensitivity to Tetracyclines.
- Contraindicated to be administered to animals with serious renal and liver impairments .
- Calves meat should not be slaughtered during treatment and within 7 days from the last treatment.
- Poultry meat should not be slaughtered during treatment and within 2 days from the last treatment.
- Poultry eggs should not be used during treatment and within 4 days from the last treatment.
Store in a dark and dry place at a temperature below 30°C.