Iver Plus Paste kills important internal parasites, including tapeworms, bots, and the arterial stages of S. Vulgaris, with a single dose. Iver Plus Paste contains two potent antiparasitic agents that are neither benzimidazoles nor organophosphates. This syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1320-lb horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg Ivermectin (Iver Plus) per lb (200 mcg/kg) and 0.68 mg Praziquantel (Iver Plus) per lb (1.5 mg/kg) of body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 220 lb (100 kg) of body weight.
- While holding the plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger 1/4 turn to the left and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Lock the ring in place by making a 1/4 turn to the right.
- Make sure that the horse’s mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse’s mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse’s head for a few seconds after dosing.
Parasite Control Program
All horses should be included in a regular parasite control program with particular attention being paid to mares, foals, and yearlings. Foals should be treated initially at 4 weeks of age, and routine treatment repeated as appropriate. Consult your veterinarian for a control program to meet your specific needs. Iver Plus Paste effectively controls gastrointestinal nematodes, cestodes, and bots of horses. Regular treatment will reduce the chances of colic caused by Anoplocephala perfoliata and verminous arteritis caused by Strongylus Vulgaris.